A human services professional, a pair of attorneys, entrepreneurs, small business owners, a dairy farmer, microbrewers, a conservationist, a nonprofit director, a health care specialist, a cola bottler, a realty specialist, a radio station manager, a teacher, an acupuncturist, an environmental analyst, a field crop farmer and an events director.
They are a diverse group of business and community leaders in Jefferson, St. Lawrence, and Lewis counties. Together, NNY Business magazine’s 20 Under 40 Class of 2012 easily represents a who’s who of young professionals, each working to be the best in their fields while giving more of themselves to their communities, volunteering their time to improve life for all who live in the north country. Not only are these men and women emerging leaders as judged by the staff of NNY Business, they are leaders who have caught the attention of others. All of those featured in our second 20 Under 40 issue were nominated by people outside the magazine, a fact that speaks volumes about what north country residents think of Northern New York’s future leadership. Once again, we were faced with a daunting task as we cut the list to only 20, with more than twice the number of nominations as those picked. On Dec. 13, NNY Business will recognize these 20 men and women and their companies during a special celebration at Watertown’s Hilton Garden Inn.
The 2012 Class of 20 Under 40:
- Andrea C. Bates, River Hospital Foundation
- Joshua Coburn, Army Corps of Engineers Real Estate Division
- Michelle A. Farrell, Greater Watertown-North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Blake P. Gendebien, Twin Mill Farms and Lubricants, Jules of Life Foundation
- Lucy M. Gerviss, Schwerzmann & Wise
- Daegan A. Gonyer, Blue Sphere Industries Ltd.
- Jessica Hart, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Victoria E. ‘Tori’ Hasseler-Collins, Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall
- Kenneth M. and Katrina G. Hebb, Blackbird Cafe and St. Lawrence Brewing Co.
- Jonathan L. Hirschey, Climax Paperboard
- Jennifer L. Karelus, Miller Spraying and Lewis County Farm Bureau
- Christina L. LeBoeuf, Light Touch Acupuncture
- Tracy L. Leonard, Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization
- Arian Mahmoodi, SellYourOldiPhone.com
- Daniel M. Myers, Lowville Academy, Double Play Sports and RBI Bats
- Molly C. Reilly, Alexandria Central School
- Jesse C.P. Roshia, Children’s Home of Jefferson County
- Timothy P. Sweeney, Tunes 92.5 WBLH Radio
- Jake R. Tibbles, Thousand Islands Land Trust
- Scott M. Wright, Pepsi-Cola Ogdensburg Bottlers