At this morning’s state Regional Economic Development Awards program, held at Hart Theatre in Albany, the North Country Regional Economic Development Council was awarded $90.2 million in development funds earmarked for 82 projects.
Last year, the council received more than $103 million.
The north country was also awarded a Top Performer Award for the second consecutive year.
Collectively, the state disbursed $738 million in funding to regional projects.
REDC funding breaks down, according to the Governor’s office, as follows:
- Finger Lakes region: $96.2 million for 76 projects
- Central New York region: $93.8 million for 73 projects
- Mid-Hudson region: $92.8 million for 84 projects
- North Country region: 90.2 million for 82 projects
- Long Island region: $59.7 million for 86 projects
- Mohawk Valley region: $59.7 million for 70 projeccts
- Western New York: $52.8 million for 58 projects
- New York City region: $51.4 million for 50 projects
- Capital region: $50.3 million for 84 projects